Friday, October 31, 2008

You kind of hope

That both the European and US guidance on Bladder Cancer Management and BCG treatments are equally as good as each other despite the fact they are so different.

There are some key differences in TURBT and Re-TURBT and in BCG regime. Mind you, it worked for me so I'm not arguing about it just noted that it was quite a difference.

I know Steve had his BCG yesterday and can imagine the side effects he is going through. It is good to have it on a Thursday though as you get the weekend to catch up a bit. I used to have mine on a Monday and it could mean that on Wednesday I wasn't really up to it.

In total I had 24 BCGs, all full strength ones which, as I am young (I think I am young), were bearable and manageable. I cant imagine that you'd be able to take them if you were in a high degree of pain from them. Mind you, I did keep in mind that other people undergo far worse treatments and that I was lucky to be able to lie down at home and go through all of this.

No comments: