Friday, October 03, 2008

I shouldn't be annoyed but

Some people are so backward looking, hate change, can't see things hurtling towards them that they could easily avoid and wear their ignorance as a badge of pride.

I met one on Wednesday night - the most obnoxious type of ignoramus possible who was rude to just about everyone. Then there is the work "jobsworths" who just drive me mental. It was bad enough in the 70s and 80s getting people to realise that they had to change but we are in the 21st Century and these guys are hardly out of the 19th.

I suppose that I ought not to be too upset or annoyed - they haven't worked in the commercial world and the third sector is very different but sticking their heads in the sand is surely going to be the wrong strategy.

I must learn to stop, don't get angry and walk about a bit. I'm actually pretty pleased that I don't have to attend any more meetings with one individual as I'm not sure I could stop being sarcastic - a very unfortunate trait of mine.

No comments: