Friday, October 24, 2008

Rejoice

And be thankful. Not my words but when I got the all clear I felt very matter of fact - I was excited and I was taking it all in and winding down from being pent up and reading Steve's blog today where suddenly he feels wiped out you can understand why just think of the months of tension waiting to hear whether things had worked or you might have to go down a different road.

I remember telling someone that I was clear and saying it very mater of fact when he just said "Rejoice and be thankful what wonderful news!" It takes a little while although I think I was really crazy for the first 18 hours and then was taking it in after that.

I can't tell you what the relief is like. Imagine holding your breath for 3 months and then breathing properly again. Something like that I guess.

I need to remind myself to be thankful sometimes and when I get upset or depressed or fed up it is good to bring yourself back with what a brilliant thing it is to be alive and to be healthy (I'll say healthy I still need to get to healthy but you know what I mean). Is getting back to normal a good sign or should I use my experiences more positively and not forget them?

Rejoice is a great word - it really means celebrate when I hear it.

No comments: