Monday, October 06, 2008

Two of us getting a bit morbid

I got a call yesterday - a friend in Hospital, Heart Attack maybe? Met a friend tonight his wife just had her 2nd Cancer in a decade, skin, cured, one swoop and done. His friend, inoperable Brain Tumour. Another friend, lost his father earlier in the year, wife had a terrible stroke (no one thought she'd live) but she did and was getting back together, now second operation for breast cancer in two months. My cousin, breast cancer, chemo, possible surgery. It just seems to be one thing after the other and it just doesn't seem to be slowing down, more and more people you know.

I remember being told that the older you get the more this sort of thing happens.

I have to say that despite moaning a bit about how I am I really ought to be thankful that I'm getting better and slowly getting there.

Goodness - did we depress ourselves tonight.

No comments: