Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Decided on a short break from it

I have worked my backside off for a couple of weeks and had to react to last minute changes and despite all of these I have achieved the goals but at what cost. This seat of their pants stuff is downright dangerous. I mean how can a document be approved and after 19 versions (yes 19) go to the printers only to be recalled twice more for changes that is just someone changing it for changing its sake.

I know that the office is a bit of a throwback to the mid 20th century but sometimes it gets on your wick.

So I need to just walk away form it a bit. I haven't planned that out yet but I have some leave due and after all it is only a job. I really like it but the minutiae and the unbelievable pickiness sometimes beggars belief. Honestly guys - life is toooooo short for that sort of thing especially if you are running about 10 things at once. It ain't easy.

No comments: