Thursday, December 12, 2013

Even Made Mrs. F. Laugh

eBay - sold some of L's Dolls House Furniture and a very nice dining table and chairs and all the cutlery and crockery.  With me so far?  Good.  She got £7.50 for it + £4 P&P.  

I just got a message in  pidgin type English saying that they weren't expecting it to be this they were expecting a full dining room suite to sit people at :-) LOL  WHAT?!!!

Once I got over the shock and finished laughing I see that they'd like to return it for a refund which is even funnier really - what were they thinking it was all labelled as Toys and Dolls House Equipment and who could deliver a dining room suit for £4.

So I've started to write a measured response to see if they really do want to send it back, it isn't covered by the distant selling regulations and so I'm not obliged to give them the postage back and pay for it to be returned as well.  They'll be lucky to see half the money returned by the time they've sent it back (as they will have their own expense).  Anyway - it gave us all a laugh here and the language is something else to behold bless them :-)

Oh well - I will have to use all my skills to word it without sarcasm and lead them to consider what is the best course of action for them.  What a crazy world we live in where anyone thought they could get a dining suite and all the stuff to go with it and get it delivered for that price - so funny and even Mrs. F. smiled and was amused.


No comments: