Monday, December 30, 2013

Late Yet Again

This will change I'm sure once I get away - I want to get back to eating, sleeping and business hours :-)  I keep out of the way but Mrs. F. did go and see one of her friends tonight which I am pleased about - she needs to go meet people and talk it through.

I ended up finishing off my beer, watching Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and some episodes of Family Guy and that was my lot really.  I've been feeling a little sad but I reckon that is to be expected.  Silly things, seeing the photographs of the children on the wall and seeing stuff around the house that I may not take with me.  I'll see if I can get copies of the photos - as I'm doing that for a living I imagine it should be OK.

I can't say that I'm overly looking forward to New Year's Eve at the moment.  I've been invited to the local pub and whilst I may know some people, I'm no natural conversationalist - well not to start a conversation anyway.  I might be fine once engaged in conversation.  I think I should go anyway to give it a go and see how I get on.  It would beat sitting at home and whilst my youngest has lots of friends around I can at least escape the house.  I don't know if Mrs. F. is going to be here.  It all feels so strange after all of these years not to be with her on New Year's Eve.  Perhaps I should see in the New Year as I mean to go on?

I'm running out of prescription tablets and now realise that I will run out before they get a chance to measure my Blood Pressure in just over a week's time.  I reckon I can do without the drugs for a few days anyway so perhaps leave it until then and get the prescription sorted. What's a few days?

I have loads more eBay items to parcel up and post and that's tomorrow morning's chore I guess. 

It's been a rough old week and only a few more days and that will be about it I think.  I can get on with life a bit and start to prepare myself for a new life, in a new place, with a new view on the world.  

No comments: