Tuesday, December 03, 2013

The Phoney War

Not that it is a war as such.  No it feels all in limbo at the moment.  Like the World War where nothing happened for months and months.   Something is going to happen, we all know that but we don't know when.  In some ways we don't know what either.

It's a funny feeling, not disturbing almost like being lightheaded perhaps slightly tipsy a middle world half way between one thing and the other.  The atmosphere here isn't great but it isn't nasty or threatening or anything like that.  It is a place of sadness and you can feel it as you walk around here and heaven only knows what it is going to be like when I take my stuff and move out.  I hope that it will settle down but I can see that Mrs. F. wouldn't want to stay here.  I just need her to think this through as initially she was moving out and I was happy to stay here, in fact, had I got the job I would have secured a mortgage and bought her out as I'm happy enough at this house and it would have suited my purposes all around.  She then changed her mind so I'm moving out - there's no way we could live here together for much longer - even now it's 5 months too long.  

I have been looking at my stuff and it's going to be sort of interesting as I haven't really thought what I am going to take and what I am going to leave.  In some ways I can get away with taking very little but then started to list all the "stuff" I have like Lodge stuff - that's a box full of stuff on its own - files and the like.  I've got rid of most of the old stuff but have to keep 6 years records for financials.  I have quite a few clothes and so many books = but do I take my shelving units to house them?  I've some, not a lot, of ornaments and nick knacks that I may just have to box up and leave here.  I have loads of stuff that I doubt I'll use much until I finally settle wherever I finally settle :-)  Then I can imagine it being settled and can all come out and gather dust again!

I am still decluttering as best I can - the problem now is that with auto re listing feature I may end up having stuff for sale in 30 days and that's January so maybe I will switch that off on this lot and see where it gets too.  I suppose I could always just switch it all off at that time.  Mind you it is slowing down now compared to the beginning but I suppose this stuff isn't as desirable or collectable.  I have some stuff that can go up which is Christmas related which needs to go up now to have a chance of making it.

That's another consideration I don't want to be doing too much trading over Christmas - I'd prefer to be sorting stuff out ready to get a real launch in 2014 for the business.  


No comments: