Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Too Easy

To do what I did today.  I went out for a walk, went to both pubs in the village and had just a few beers and soaked up the atmosphere.  Got an invite to New Year's Eve at the Woodman (maybe I'll go).  What was too easy was that on the way home I bought half a bottle of Scotch and I note that 3/4 of that is gone!  I don't feel particularly drunk - I've been drinking steadily all day I suppose.

Got another one of "those" moments as well when told I'd need to be in Monday as the food was being delivered - it was the first I'd heard as I was told that both girls would be in.  Let's hope it arrives early in case I need to be out!  Thanks for the notice.  I shouldn't be surprised either that people just go to bed without saying goodnight and people come and go and don't tell me.  I suppose that's just making me feel like I feel anyway :-)  It will soon be over and that's what I keep telling myself - in a month it will all be over and I can get on with a newish life and have none of these "pressures" and pains.  Well that's what I hope anyway.

It was interesting that things are being put in boxes for me - like all my Chinese crockery and other stuff of mine.  In a way I'm glad that it is beginning to be like that - much as it hurts - it does mean Mrs. F. has accepted that it is going to happen.

No comments: