Tuesday, December 31, 2013

How Do People Live Like That?

I often wonder how people live the way they do.  We went to see the house we were thinking of renting and the tenants moved out on Saturday and the place was a mess.  The kitchen and bathroom were not good, things were missing or broken, smoke alarm battery low signals going off.  There was a leak in the ceiling - surely not something that has gone unnoticed or untended - or has it?

It was a thoroughly unloved and uncared for house and both Flocky and I were totally underwhelmed.  I remember moving into my first house and it being disgusting needing a scrub from top to bottom just to move in and this place was cold and damp and half finished like some half finished project.  We are reserving judgement on it for sure.

I've written our "opinions" to the Estate Agent and we will see what they think come the New Year.  I've a feeling she wasn't impressed either - there's nothing like a dirty bathroom to put you off or a leaking roof or a greasy kitchen cooker :-) 

It is always nice to catch up with Flocky - he's good fun and we are each off now to sort out our own New Year's Eve arrangements.  I'm half looking forward to going out this evening - I wonder quite what I'll find and quite what I will do for 4 hours or so but I shall go along and I can always come back if I don't like it.  Maybe I'll meet some fun people - I do hope so.  Don't want to  look too much like "Billy No Mates".

I'm not sure what Mrs. F. is doing - I didn't ask her - perhaps I should out of courtesy - it would be too much for us to be together this evening - I'm not sure either of us wants or indeed needs that - I imagine she probably hates my guts at the moment and so it would not be good.

No comments: