Monday, December 30, 2013

That's Another Thing That's Must Be Playing On My Mind

That is the fact that this year, for the first time ever, in my whole life, I will not be with family or friends on New Year's Eve.  That was a shock to my system and in some ways it brought me up short.  I recollect when Mrs. F. and I had our first house we always had a New Year's Eve fancy dress party and played cricket on the green opposite our house at just gone midnight.  We had some crazy parties.  Then we gradually stopped and the last party I recollect was a Millenium party with a few friends.  Of course that's 12 or 13 years ago (I cannot remember whether we had it over the real millenium of not now).

So a first for me - one of many first coming up.  I need to go along and have a night out and force myself to go.  I'm good value normally (with people I know) so I should get along.  Who knows who I will meet.

Flocky and I are off to see the house tomorrow - I am looking forward to that and to see if it fits the bill - I am sure it will do that. 

I came across this phrase that I rather liked:

“In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” 

― Rumi


No comments: