Saturday, December 28, 2013

So I was Invited

To be truthful I was being a bit devious by not asking whether there was a party last night or not and I thought I'd play it to the bitter end.  It sort of worked as Mrs. F wandered in saying was I coming?  Coming to what?  I then protested that I didn't think I was invited but apparently I was.  So as it was 10 minutes past when the party started I said I'd get ready and meet her there - I could do with the walk.

I did walk there arriving after her and left after her and walked back.  I think it was gone 2 am when I arrived back but there you go.  I enjoyed it but I was quiet for the first few hours - unusual for me but again - reflective mood I suppose.  It got livelier afterwards so that was OK.

I'm feeling still a little low but not sick or anything more flat I suppose you'd call it, neither happy nor sad - just in between.  I'm sure that will change eventually.

I think I am going to make it a point to drop off the drink in the New Year - at least the beer - in the last 4 weeks since I've been drinking leading up to Christmas I can see the affect on my waistline - it's frightening how quickly I've added a notch the wrong way on my belt.  of course I'm only 3 or 4 pound heavier but it really notices.  So once in the new place I will be on Red Wine only and no beer except for high days and holidays as they say.  Certainly I will not be having them everyday or once a week or more as it has been of late.

I think I will make a conscious effort to draw the line after New Year, get back on diet and go for some more weight loss and see what I can do.  

No comments: