Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lovely Day

So nice to meet everyone again and so many people concerned about me and asking over my health and they were so pleased about the outcome. I have to say that a couple of times it was actually good to get reminded that last year I was not quite as well as this year - in fact I had CIS and the next batch of full treatment was being conducted. A year on meeting some of the people I hadn't seen since last year, they were pleased. One lady prays for me every week, I thanked her very much and I feel very humble that someone should take the trouble to do that, but we both agreed it must have been doing some good as I was looking pretty good compared to last year.

You tend to notice that. I cannot see the difference but those who don't see you regularly all say how well I look and that my whole persona is even better - well that is good.

On a sad note, Pepper, the Hamster, went to Pet Heaven yesterday. Just as I was going out I noticed he wasn't in his sleeping sawdust mound and looked in the cage and there he was, slumped in the corner. Now I had a little tear as Pepper was about 30 - or perhaps 34 months old and that is pretty good in Hamster terms and he has been a good little fella. He didn't bite, he was entertaining and I quite liked him (I am not a pet person at all really). He gave my daughter a lot of fun and responsibility and so I am grateful. However, I don't think or like to see any animal having to spend time in a cage and I really hope that it is the last animal to be treated that way. Again, there is something loose in me these days, recently, that doesn't find keeping an animal in whatever way that may be, justifiable. I wouldn't want to live my life in a cage and I don't like the idea of subjecting a small animal to that, even if it is a better life which I cannot imagine it is. I don't know why I feel like this these days, I just don't find it warranted and I feel it is bordering on the cruel.

No comments: