Monday, May 05, 2008

A Late Evening

It is a James Taylor evening on BBC Four channel. It is really interesting as I came in on the end of this. I thought James Taylor, Carole King and the Eagles were great, Jackson Brown and then CSNY - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and so at this early hour in the morning I am sitting up watching a great documentary all about the West Coast and now it is James Taylor's Sweet Baby James and all that. It takes me back to just leaving school and getting interested in music and spending late nights around at people's houses and flats listening to music, getting drunk and smoking American cigarettes!!

I think that perhaps I should have cut back on the smokes! But then we all smoked in the 70s.

I used to think that "You've got a friend" and "in my mind I'm going to Carolina" are just fantastic tracks.

Whilst it is late, the evening is just so fascinating that I am somehow drawn to keep watching. Sometime I wonder why I bought myself a state of the art DVD recorder which I could kick in to record all of this. I'm just like a moth drawn to a candle...

No comments: