Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blood Pressure - Again!

I was a little concerned that my BP readings were quite as high as they were last week and the week before. Even my own readings here were not giving me cause to be happy.

I checked m BP readings from last year and they are quite a lot higher than I mistakenly remember them so it was good to find that I had a low reading just now when I checked. There is in fact a marked drop in all three readings. However, one Swallow does not a summer make and so I have set up a sheet to remind me to take regular readings and jot these down.

The Nurse and I laughed at the first BP readings as she said "these are high" and I said that "you can hardly notice my White Coat Syndrome, can you?" - "hardly" she said, well it broke the ice and of course the next readings were about as normal as you get for me not quite 120/80 but not far short. Today's readings are 125/85 which isn't bad as last year I was regularly 140/90 sort of area so it looks as if the tablets are working alongside the lifestyle changes.

No comments: