Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Choices

Oh blimey - what to do for the best? I kind of knew something like this would happen. If I go and do that job it will be one that means I'll have to be away from home a fair bit although the money would be good. I can only imagine what it will mean in terms of the journey and how it will probably run my life for the next 3 to 6 months or however long it will be.

Now that would mean putting on hold the new venture which I was just about to start ramping up and that in turn would mean that I'd probably have to be working on that a little bit at a time in the background but I wouldn't be able to actually trade.

The whole idea was not to go back into the ranks of the high profile businesses again although I do know these guys and they do pay regularly and promptly so that doesn't worry me at all.

I then I suppose have to think about how much time I can realistically give the customer given that I'll have to have a week off for the operation and then shortly after that I'll be back on treatment.

It is a difficult question and I'm hoping to have come to a decision about it sometime today. The money is tempting but I'm not sure Ive got the mental and physical stamina for this given the frailty over the past few weeks, I am coming to realise just how severely I was actually affected by treatment and by work.

I will talk to the family about it as well. At the end of the day, they have just as much right to be part of the decision. I've always tended to work away as part of my work and to be rewarded accordingly. This job would be extremely useful as the money is very good. I don't want to do it if I were to not do a good job or to be found short of the mark. I certainly don't want to do it if it means affecting my health and I also wouldn't want to do it if it were too far to go realistically.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments: