Friday, March 28, 2008

procrastination again

Life should be simple. I wanted to upgrade my mobile phone - it is 2 years old now and showing signs of battery weakness and it is getting a bit slow. So I got an e-mail offering a free upgrade. I spent an hour looking at all the new handsets, decided what one I'd like and a second choice, got together my account number went to the call centre and found that they started offering me a cheap account where I could go and buy my own phone? Umm, I wanted to upgrade - ah but this way you can - by then my brain had turned to mush and so I now have a second proposition I have to find out about when all I wanted to do was upgrade my phone. That has just wasted about 2 hours of time in total and I'm still none the wiser.

Now I've done that I am sitting in front of a pile of paper and wondering which one to attack first and I'm back to square one on lots of them. Instead of clearing the decks I'm just moving bits of paper from one pile to another. I suppose I could be ruthless here and just dump loads of it but I do need to read it through first to make sure I can.

Life is never that easy is it. Anyway, I now have another e-mail request requiring my attention - it will be good to get back to working for a living and getting a rest from all of this!

No comments: