Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yesterday was a bit flat

When I think about what I achieved and the news I got and not getting through on the phone. No worries, today should be better. I know about the Operation now and I know what the response is and I know that that wont be the only thing on their mind next week as they owe lots of people loads of money on Monday!

I need to concentrate on turning my life and my luck around and that needs to start today I suggest. I've made some serious changes in the background. I am losing a lot of my industry ties and not renewing Institution and Association renewals. It will be a shame to watch the letters drop off my last name but there you go, got to move on. I've cancelled a number of subscriptions that I have held for years and I am dropping renewing my magazines and newsletters too. Breaking with the past is an important thing - it is actually quite hard work as you sort of yearn for these things, they are part of your past but life really does need to move on and these things are the symbolic signs of that change.

The next things to do are breaking habits, perhaps adopting new ones, changing rituals, burning bridges and boats and just getting on and doing whatever I've decided to do.

It is still like turning an Oil Tanker though and so change is very gradual but then increases towards the end of the manoeuvre.

So there we go. Gradually things from my past are getting thrown out, a few things are getting archived and if I don't need them in a year (my insurance) then they can go to a new home too. My library is looking particularly bare as I remove anything to do with technology and contracting and leave my history and fiction books there.

No comments: