Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Operation

Well it looks set for early May - a tiny bit later than I thought but I chased up today as I hadn't heard anything. So I imagine that I will be assessed at the end of April - probably 28th or 29th and then "done" about the 6th or 7th May or thereabouts. The letter should arrive a little later this week to confirm.

I should be out on the 6th May doing some official business but I think I had better not as that also would involve going out drinking and I probably don't want to be doing that the day before the operation and we don't normally get home until very late. It looks like that is going to be knocked on the head then.

I spent a little time re-reading the stuff from my ex-employers and feel much more confident than I did earlier that their heightened level of general ignorance of employment law will play its part. I am guessing that next week will see activity as their Brief gets back off of holiday and reads the statement and works out the case and the chances. It is funny how much this damn thing plays on my mind but then reading their words they were happy to have people (not just me) work for them for long periods of time and because their investment is in jeopardy they don't think that they should pay for the work others have undertaken on their behalf. That is stealing and fraudulent use of our time and of course, they don't own any of the IP we produced for them either.

No comments: