Thursday, July 04, 2013

Emotions heightened and quite touchy too

I am still working hard to be less like me and to let my heart rule my head a bit.  It's strange territory for me but I can see that life is going to continue to be interesting.

The strange thing is that my senses are heightened somewhat and I don't particularly like how I react to things at the moment.  Emotional reactions aren't me at all.  I normally prefer to consider what is going on and then think about it and then react.  At the moment I find myself taken aback by strong emotional responses where perhaps before that would never have happened in fact I probably wouldn't have reacted at all.

A meeting I had earlier today looked like it would have to be postponed and whilst that's bound to happen I felt really disappointed and sad about it?  WTF!  That's just so not me.  

I took Flocky Bicep's advice and got on my bike and cycled locally to a nice spot where there are some lakes and quite a few fishermen go there.  I can get there through a bridle path way mainly and in 20 minutes I was there.  I'm certainly not in great shape but did well and then tried to find my way back on another route but couldn't find it so doubled back and came back the way I'd ridden in the first place.  Got quite a good sweat up and did some blood pressure readings and noticed that they were bang into the 120 and 80 mark so delighted about that.  My blood pressure is much better and continues to go down.  Not enough to come off the drugs I fear but getting there.  I reckon if I can keep thee diet going and exercise then I may try to get off these drugs in a year or so.  I feel occasionally faint and generally when I test do find I am low.  I checked my blood glucose and that was once again in the low 5s so that too is fine.

Life's good at the moment.  It isn't quite where I want it to be but it's only been 2 weeks since I changed things around and I still need to learn to be patient.


No comments: