Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sort Yourself Out

I can hear myself saying it "Get a Grip!!", "Sort yourself out!" and many other phrases.

In many ways Monday was an interesting day as it exposed some raw nerve endings and actually it did what it was supposed to do.  It exposed the futility of me trying to not address many areas of my life.  It exposed the fact that I'm just not moving on, that the plans I have aren't working and aren't likely to either.  That my thought processes aren't working either and that I'm not being realistic in my review.

So not much wrong there then?  In reality I've put off some serious decisions for far too long, years in many cases and I just need to bite the bullet and go sort it out.  Bladder Cancer got in the way of my plans at the time and then the struggle to get back on my feet also meant that it was easier to put off or delay things and now - I'm at an impasse because my life had ground to a halt.  

In some ways I'm happier than I've been for years and in others possibly the saddest too.  When I look back here on the blog and in some of my other writings and deliberations I wonder if I'm not due to be admitted to an Institution but I think lots of people must be having these struggles with what is the right thing to do.  Do you follow your head or your heart, do you take a risk or not?

Life is not a rehearsal, I need to quickly sort myself out as I don't want to be in the same situation in another 6 years.

No comments: