Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Oh Dear :-) This Will Be Fun

My great friend Flocky Bicep recommends cycling to help keep fit and I thought you know at least you get to see stuff on the bike :-)  So I've dusted off my Mountain Bike - not that there is a oversupply of Mountains anywhere near here but some nice off road tracks within a few minutes ride.  So I've pumped up the tyres and tightened the nuts (not mine the ones on the bike - what are you lot like??) :-)

Had a quick tour around the block and will get myself off to tour the local area.  There are some quiet roads but more importantly there are huge tracts of fields and lanes nearby and some bridle paths so I shall make use of those and see how I get on.  I think I will be a fair weather rider though and the main road up here is a bit lethal so I will make sure that I won't head out on that.  This is going to be fun/different/painful * you can pick any two from three :-)

It will certainly make a change from my Cross Trainer which goes nowhere - so if I can achieve the same sort of distances I'll be happy.  I do actually feel a lot healthier too I wasn't out of puff doing a local circuit so that's great too.

Tomorrow I plan to take one of the local bridle paths and see if I can get to a local park with some lakes and have a push around there, then get back here - it's about 45 minutes to walk so what's that 2 or 3 miles? That's doable as a first go.

Flocky has also suggested I dust off my Golf Clubs and that seems too like a good idea - I would get massively fit at Golf as I'd walk about 4 times further than most people going to fetch my ball :-)

Hey I'm having a great day today and I know it is the anniversary of my dad's death but you know - he wouldn't want me to be moping around the house or anything like that - good on yer dad :-) 

As he often said to me - "you're a long time dead" and so you are.  All the better reason to get out there and live a bit.  Enough of the introvert inward thinking and get out there and make a splash - go on dare you! :-) 

No comments: