Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day Out In London

Had a nice day out in London, wandering along the Thames from the South Bank Centre and over to London Bridge, we took a diversion into Bermondsey Street to see our old offices.  Plenty of refreshment along the way and got home before the huge storms broke.

It wa nice to catch up with my mate but he does have a bit of a habit of chatting up the ladies and it was all getting very strange and bizarre indeed towards the end of the night so much so that I left him with this crazy woman and headed off home.  Strangely enough I saw him just as I caught my train so he had escaped from her :-)  

I thought yesterday might be useful to re-arrange my head a bit - we haven't been out on a "Purge The Devil" for a long time (10 years +) and so it was quite good in some ways to catch up but in others it didn't really help me too much to sort out and start to re-wire my head.  Anyway it was a nice day out.

I crowned it though by grabbing a coffee and sitting outside on the patio.  Unfortunately I hadn't noticed that the table and chair had been moved nearer to the step so managed to shift my chair which hit the step and toppled allowing me to throw hot coffee all over my shirt and sustaining a nice scraped Elbow with a 2" rip along it.  Lucky I didn't crack my head on the step really!

Wouldn't mind I wasn't even drunk :-(  

Some Images:

 The View from the Anchor towards Saint Pauls

The Shard from the Grapes Pub at London Bridge.

No comments: