Sunday, July 14, 2013

Double Cheat Day

Well I went up to London to see my cousin - we had a great afternoon.  We went to a local pub on Kew Green and had a nice time.  I managed to make sure I just had a salad but of course, I was drinking beer all day - but have to say it was just nice to go and do something so different.  We wandered around the green and down around the Thames, past the National Archives and back to finish off with a few beers by the station.  It was all very nice and in such hot weather was just great to have some time to chat and catch up.  After all it must be 15  or maybe 20 years.  The journey home was a nightmare as only we can mess up.  a full train arrived but I saw there was one 4 minutes later but - no there wasn't - about 20 minutes later one came along and it wasn't going all the way, then we had to change then that train changed direction and so I used my normal get out of jail instincts and headed for another underground line and made my way home a different way.  What should have taken 31 minutes took close to 2 hours! 

Looking at my face in the mirror I sure did catch the sun though - have gone through the tired sleepy bit and now wide awake.

No comments: