Friday, July 12, 2013

Well I think it is working now

Whilst it has been a struggle to endeavour to change my life, I can see some green shoots and some changes happening to me.  It's painfully slow of course but I'm getting there even if it is in short bursts.  Grabbed a coffee with Flocky Bicep this morning at my local coffee shop.  A great friend to talk to, a real mate and is helping me very much to drag my sorry arse out of the place I've been in the last 6 or 7 years.  

It is always going to be a struggle when you are trying to change your life and your attitude and your whole being is trying to fight the changes you have imposed.  It's a comfortable but not a nice place and so I don't want to stay where I was up until a few weeks ago.  I have no idea where it is all leading - I only hope that I don't find I hate where I get to more than where I've come from.  Some say it is the journey not the destination so perhaps there is no destination in the future just a direction to continue along.  It's getting away from the material and the now and heading off to the non material and embracing the uncertainties and emotions of life I need to aspire to.  To let it happen and stop trying to somehow control it and try and bend nature and everyone around me to do my bidding.  

It is hard hard work to let go, to take that step off.  I always recollect starting my first business and the worst part was that first step off into the unknown in the hope that your foot landed on something solid but realising it was like an uneven staircase in the dark, you were just never certain how steep that next step was whether it would bring you up short and jar your leg or would be a longer drop than you expected.  That's what life is like, I've just got to get used to it that's all.  Learn to embrace it.  Vive La Difference... 


No comments: