Thursday, July 11, 2013

Obesity - A Disease? Think Again

You can often think that the stuff on Dr. Mercola is slightly alarmist this article should convince you otherwise - the more I read and investigate this the worse it looks.  Have a read and see what you think?

I've already said that it appears strange to me that the cause of a problem are not addressed rather that we invent drugs (further non natural things) to combat a "disease" that we don't actually have in the first place if we ate properly and not to some fictitious and self interest driven agenda.  

There's not a lot of money to be made if we all ate like humans should. Rates of obesity, diabetes, heart problems and some cancers could all be reduced.  It's pretty obvious that there's money to be made from millions of unhealthy people.  Our hospitals and health systems are overloaded with these problems and yet a simple change of lifestyle and diet could save us billions of pounds.  Strewth I'm was over 3 1/2 stones lighter in 6 months - that's the bottom line. It never dawned on me that the food pyramid I was following, the 5 a day ethic and all the other food advice given were just sticking the weight on me. 

As soon as I changed my diet the pounds dropped off me and whilst things have slowed the trend is still downwards.  It's a big concern that all these sugary drinks, potato snacks and cakes, flour, potatoes, pastas and bread are just thumping the weight on to people and building up the very real possibility of becoming diabetic, obese, prone to heart disease and the like.  


No comments: