Friday, January 10, 2014

People?

Sometimes you can't get people.  So I've received a complaint about a record I've sold which was sold "as is" and Caveat Emptor.  The guy got it for 99 pence plus P&P and wants his P&P back because he tells me the record is ropey and scratched.  I have suggested that it wasn't and that he had adequate opportunity to ask before bidding and that the photos show the condition.  Frankly I don't give a toss and so I decided to shut down all my accounts with the company as they really think that it is worthwhile pursuing this line of enquiry.  

From my point of view - everything will be locked down tomorrow - all bids have been taken off, all items taken off and they can go sing for their money.  I will shut down that and all accounts after being a customer for 10 or more years.  I don't really give a toss over 99p anyway but what it did was just say to me - why bother...  You get all these money for nothing types and low lifes on there.  Frankly for the price the guy paid he may as well have gone down the road and bought a pint of beer.  Dick!

I'm actually thinking of really limiting my internet exposure and all my social media stuff soon anyway.  Just use what I need to use and be done with the rest of it.  It's just too much hassle and I'm sure it will be easier to simplify my life than make it complex - or any more complex than it ought to be.


No comments: