Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Places To See

We have three places to go see tomorrow and at least one on Friday and two to go see on Saturday.  That should give us a good look and some idea of what we can expect - there's a spread of properties and values and hopefully we can get a feel to go forward.

I've started my checklist of stuff to do and it's a long list of change of address, new phone and so on.  I'm going to take my friend's recommendation on an upgrade to my phone when that becomes due in a month or so.  It knocks my current contract into a cocked hat and I might as well use my phone until it falls to pieces :-)  It's not as if I need a new one even though this is a bit temperamental.

It's very difficult to concentrate on the business at the moment and I find that I spend long tracts of time thinking through the business and making notes but not actually progressing with it.  It's OK I've had plenty of time to think, test and change my ideas - it's been quite interesting as I've thought through the processes and as I've bought things from complex back to making them nice and easy to start with :-)  It's a matter of taking each idea and challenging it and testing them.  For example DVDs - I was going to get them printed and then write on them.  I realise I can print these in house and they'd look just as good but also they would have nice printing on them not some old permanent marker :-)  The Jewel case was similar.  Now I plan to just get paper covers and the customer can make up their mind what they want to do.  If they want Jewel cases that's fine they can do those themselves.  From my point of view I don't have big storage issues as there is little bulk with the paper cases, lower space, cheaper P&P and handling and this is the way I'm working things through in my mind.  It also saves a bucket load of money too.

Mrs. F. is out tonight.  I'm meant to be at the Jazz but my friend isn't going.  I'm in two minds - the last time I took myself down there but there was no Jazz but I had a "good drink" with the Steward.  I might just take myself up the road here for a few beers and take my business folder and go and develop the web site and the pricing that would give me something to do!  I could do with getting out of the house.  It's difficult to understand why unless you live with this sort of sadness that pervades the place.  It really feels like a Funeral Director's parlour. :-)

Anyway there we go.  I also get the chance to go out tomorrow afternoon which, if it is nice, I will walk to the meeting and back.  It's a bit of a trek but I like the walk and it gives me some exercise, stretches my legs and allows me to stroll with some music playing through my MP3 player.

No comments: