Saturday, January 11, 2014

Is It Worth Worrying About

Gee this guy's persistent so I've told him to go and speak to eBay customer services if he feels he has a case.  He's asking for the postage and packaging back which is a bit rich.  I've told him I'm not doing that.  I've also told him to re-read the condition and review the photographs provided - he's now sent his own.  For the few pence that I may have made out of the deal I've left it for him to go through the eBay process which will deliver a sort of arbitration on this.  

Let's see what they come up with if the guy, who seems determined enough, wants to go ahead with this utter nonsense!  I've just called his bluff and won't answer anymore of his emails as they are very poor attempts to lay blame and frankly for a few pence is it really worth it.  Mind you the Internet makes you big and brave when you are sat at your keyboard.  Frankly if it were me I'd put it down to experience and move on.  

But there you go must be some saddo stuck in his office with nothing else to do but compose long meaningless dribble and send it out.  I don't suppose he likes my one line responses too much.  

It's been one of those bad days anyway - not helped by this saddo interrupting every hour or so with a stooopid email.  Off to see two houses tomorrow and then off to a Lodge meeting in the afternoon which will be nice.  Looking forward to that greatly.  At least I'll be out and amongst some friends.  Still have to be careful as some people know my situation and some don't and my Father-In-Law is there and some other that don't know and of course some do!  Apart from that I suppose it will be fun.

In a few weeks time I'll have to leave it to Carole to tell them that I'm no longer here and to give them my new number(s)!  Crazy times indeed.  I'm a bit annoyed with myself about this idiot upsetting me tonight I can feel my hackles up but I don't like being questioned about my integrity - it's the one thing I hold high above many others, I'm not the sort of person who does this - well not deliberately.  I could just have rolled over and done what he said but actually - you know what - it's a principle thing now.  Hence I've asked him to go direct to the Customer Services people if he feels he really has a case.  It's flimsy and it clearly states "Used" and there are plenty of photos with the item and it also says "no returns"  so in many ways - I think it is Caveat Emptor.  It isn't as if the record isn't playable and "in a certain light at a low angle" you can see this scuff.  FFS!  I wonder if this guy gets a lot of people to send him the P&P back I came across one of these some time ago who really chanced his arm with lost postage.  Interestingly he didn't keep good records so rang a few rings around him.

I have decided though that I'm not interested in doing this anymore - it is just full of hassle and people who want something for nothing.  The number of people who tell you what they are willing to pay for P&P despite the fact that you quote it.  

Oh well - let's see what happens and let's drop it and move on.  I have bigger fish to fry in my business - I'm sure I'll get some toss pots with that too but at least I will have the say about reparation and it's in my Ts & Cs.  It's late again - I don't like going to bed early here - it will be different at the new place - I will get back to business hours and that will bring its own discipline.


No comments: