Sunday, January 05, 2014

Declaration of Independence

I wonder if I ought to set out a Declaration of Independence or a Bill of Rights to put me on the right road to my Independence? :-)

We already uphold the 5th Amendment in the house anyway. LOL.

But seriously I was thinking along the lines of making sure I enjoy myself and get out and about.  I was having a series of dreams about actually getting out of the house and "doing something".  It's all too easy to be sat inside and do nothing and it would cost very little to get out and go for a walk around my local area here.  It's one of the best things - I have so many choices of walks and all within a few minutes.  I think I shall try and make sure that I do actually get out and about again like I did in the Summer of 2013.  The fresh air and just getting out of the house being the thing.

It depends on where we eventually end up too I suppose.  If it is the place we are asking them to negotiate for us then I think there should be some footpaths and walks around there too.  It's only 5 minutes from here by car so I can always head back and park up and go for a walk.  It isn't going to be that difficult.

I find myself looking forward to getting out of here and on a miserable day like today to be getting on with something even if it is the household chores.  I don't want to be working all the time, although I will have to put quite a bit of effort in at the beginning to build the business.  

I'm transitioning over the financials to my control - it's having a few interesting moments as I go through and change standing orders and direct debits, credit and debit cards etc.  All good fun.  There'll be loads of silly things I'll need to sort out like licences and vehicle registration, voting forms and so on.  Luckily some of these can be achieved on-line but my driving licence that I have managed to go without changing for 20 or more years now needs to be one of these new fangled EU type credit card ones - nightmare - another money spinner as you have to update it (like your passport) every 10 years and if you don't they fine you.  This country lives on sodding fines - they don't reward you for doing something but they are happy to wield a big stick in the other direction.  Bunch of faceless bureaucrats :-)

So - it's a boring Sunday, quiet at the moment but yet another storm coming in to add to the gales and rain we've had for about a month now I suppose.  I should be getting on with some accounts but my heart really isn't in it and I think it will be much better to target doing that tomorrow.  I know I have the whole day to do it with no one around to distract me.  Not that I get interrupted except by the imposed silences in the house.  :-)

No comments: