Monday, January 20, 2014

After Many False Starts - Here We Go

Flocky's exchange of contract has happened at last - poor fella it has been dragging on for months!  The first house we were interested in only want a 1 year contract and so we can't do that.  The second one, the one that really is nice inside we have put forward an offer on as it almost ticks all of the boxes.  It certainly is a spectacular interior. It's a lovely road - Mrs. F. and I looked there when we bought the current place.

Yesterday felt like a bit of a wake for me as I visited the two pubs in the village and had a little too much to drink if I'm honest.  But there was an Elvis impersonator on at the pub which was fun and then I wandered back to the Woodman and had another beer before wandering home.  I went straight to bed - I've learnt not to touch this PC after a few beers.  I feel OK this morning but I really shouldn't!  It was funny as I again bumped into the girl I'd helped get home on Tuesday night.  We just acknowledged our presence as she was with a group of locals at the bar.  Seeing her there triggered that eureka moment - of course I'd met her before - I thought I had.  She is often sat at the bar on the corner.  

I thought to myself that this would likely be the last time that I'd be drinking in the village at my local and in many ways it was a sad but also a poignant day.   I'd realised that it is getting nearer and I'm really hoping that we can agree either this place or the place which is local and get it underway as soon as possible.  In that way, I can get out of here and start to move things forward in my own life.

The eBay nonsense has been sorted out and the buyer got a full refund - I'm surprised but eBay must have some sort of policy that looks to close silly little cases like this and I haven't been penalised so I guess that's fine.  My monies have been released in my account - so that's OK too.

I won't be doing any eBaying for a long time I think.  I have a business to build.  I am SO looking forward to getting that to happen.  It will be a great distraction for me to just spend time doing that.  I actually did some work on that yesterday - trying to get my head around pricing and discounting - it is particularly difficult to work out how to do this so I was working on a model to see if I can get it straight in my head.  Again, it will be so much easier doing that somewhere with little or no distractions.  

No comments: