Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sometimes I Think Maybe I Shouldn't Have But Karma Rescues Me

It is pretty strange that I should have bumped into so many people yesterday and then I think well maybe not, that's the way of it and things happen for a reason.  We may not always know what that reason is or what or why it happens and we may still miss the opportunity, whatever that may be.

It's strange me meeting that young lady, listening to her getting her home then seeing her last weekend and then her contacting me - as apparently I'm a 'very nice' man.  So we will see where that goes.

Today I've felt particularly bad - I suppose as you pack up your stuff you do get to feel a little down and "have I done the right thing?" and then you find out that your office has been completely flooded with boxes and packing stuff that I can't actually move anything or put anything anywhere!  It's a fire hazard if anything :-)  I couldn't even get out of the door at one point such was the packaging materials from the loft.

It's as if to make sure I get on my way but I'm not sure they are actually getting it at the moment - I'm certainly not taking half the house with me - what's the point?  I'll only have to move it again in a few months time and then most probably have to move it again when this place is sold and I buy somewhere with my part of the proceeds.  I suppose it is making it slightly easier for me to leave when behaviour is still pretty much as binary (all or nothing) as it ever used to be here.

So back to my karma.  As I was feeling rubbish and feeling bad about leaving, the behaviour here just reinforced my reasons to go.  I mustn't loose track of the reasons that I'm leaving.  They aren't trivial and they go quite deep too and it's only I think that I am now at this point at the 11th hour that it makes me feel strange. 

Come Tuesday I will be able to move into the house and hopefully start to build a new life from there.  Let's hope so.  

No comments: