Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Slow Start To 2014

With waking up in the middle of the night and then slowly controlling my breathing and then falling back to sleep I didn't get out of my pit until gone 11 this morning and so starts 2014.  It's been an interesting 2013 but 2014 holds some exciting times too I think.  Not least of which will be setting up my business - I am looking forward to that and to re-arranging my life and working out what I want to do.

I actually feel like I'd like to drop all my responsibilities and just do nothing for a while - it's not possible but it would be good.  Wave my magic wand and sort everything out would be good but that won't happen either.  If I could though - it would solve a load of little problems all around :-)

So onward into 2014.  I was surprised that I managed to spend so long in the pub on my own yesterday - I did notice that in doing that I drank quicker!  So I tempered that down - often I sit down in a pub when on my own with a book or notebook, newspaper or something like that.  So one thing that I did notice was that being on your own is a bit difficult - I may have been better off staying inside although I did meet and have a laugh with the local Vicar and her husband and a friend of theirs.  Plus the Landlord runs a printing business that might be useful to add as an extra to mine - he prints T-Shirts and the like from photos.

I should be able to promote my business although I see the Pharmacy is promoting one of the larger Video to DVD processing businesses in the country as an in-house service - they are double the price I can do it for so perhaps not a great worry other than the footfall through the Chemist. I feel that leafleting in this area may be the way to go then :-) 

I think I'll just take a slow day for the rest of it ...

No comments: