Sunday, January 05, 2014

Oh well - another quiet night in

It's like a game of Risk in some ways.  I came down from the office around 5 pm I wanted to watch the Ski Jumping (4 hills) and sat down watched that and a bit of the Luge World Cup, cooked some dinner and obviously I'd claimed the Living Room for I was undisturbed all night.  The place was quiet by 09:30 and the lights were out so just me then!  :-)

It's a funny old place here and the sooner I get out the happier I'll be because this is no life at all at the moment.  I'd like to go do some work on the business but my head isn't clear enough.  I make lots of notes and jot down ideas but only sporadically.  I note that I stay up late as well and it isn't helping.  I'll fall into bed again close to 2 am but I really should have been in bed before midnight.

I see the GP wants me to have a blood test and go see them.  I always used to have my test just before Christmas as it is the only time when you can actually get it done I find.  I shall see what sort it is - if it isn't fasting then I might go and do it but the fasting one is a farce and you can sit there for 2 or 3 hours and not get done.  They also want a review - that's OK but I'm already going there next week so I'll sort that out afterwards. I have 6 to 8 weeks to do that.  Actually it might be better to move it out a bit as I should be far calmer when I go.

I suppose we all have to deal with situations in our own way.  I was chatting to the Estate Agent who asked what the situation was like and she said she could have popped over to the house but I said that my wife was in and it was probably a good idea that I went to see her rather than she come around to my house.  Interesting - she saw the Jag and said "I knew you were rich".  What a funny thing to say!  The only thing I'm rich in and soon will be free to revel in that, is in life and in my friends.  Whilst I'd like the idea of having some more money - the bottom line is that I really want to live in a nice place and be happy.  That would be great.  I have enough money to be happy, I guess I could work on early retirement too if I wanted but still the bottom line is that as long as you are happy and comfortable, have good health and can feed yourself then your going to be OK.  Good old Maslow's Hierarchy Of Needs.

The key to this is to work from the bottom upwards.  You need to have the bottom layer in place before you can build on that with the next one and so on.   You can see that in many ways Mrs. F. and I may well have the bottom part of the Pyramid but safety isn't there and neither are the others built on that.  Here lies Mrs. F.'s problem in that all of the top 4 have been ripped away.  For me I realise that I can rebuild this once I've moved our and on from where I am.  I can rebuild the safety side and then start to work on the others.  It's not all as easy as this but you can see how things can feel utterly desperate when at one time you had everything and now you know that all of that has, or will soon be, gone.


No comments: