Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Brink Of Moving Out

It's here - the offer on the house has been accepted and now, subject to terms and conditions and references, we are likely to have a place to move into this time next week.  It's nice and is the one the Flocky and I really liked in the first place.  Warm, comfortable and just cosy.  A proper Goldilocks place.

There's so much to do and I'm in a bit of shock about that but - perhaps it is better to have it thump in like a Tsunami.  I spoke to my friends tonight - they are all massively supportive of course and in a month I'll probably be living nearer them than here.  It feels very very strange indeed.

I find the whole thing somewhat surreal I have to say.  It is just bizarre how it has all worked out but in my mind, I've done all the right things and now is the time to go test the water and see how Mrs. F. and I feel after 3 months or so.  It will be interesting indeed to see what her reaction will be especially as I will be burning so much of our capital for my flat and to set up the business.  Of course, I hope that I'll have a good return on the business over time but not 6 months :-)

I am excited and slightly concerned of course.  One thing that will happen is that I will be free of the incumbrences here and can go and live my life without the restraints (real or imagined) I've had here.  The main thing is to get the Internet installed in the house so I can start to operate the business :-)  The rest of it can follow :-)  

Interesting times ahead - very very mixed emotions at the moment.   

No comments: