Saturday, January 25, 2014

So Off We Jolly Well Go

Yesterday was a crazy as it can be almost farcical.  We paid our deposit and first months rental and then met up for a coffee.  I had news of a local chap that a number of us knew up at the pub and decided to take a copy of the letter up to the pub for the locals. 

I wasn't expecting to see my old next door neighbour there.  But we had a couple of drinks and just as I was about to go and old dear friend of mine who I haven't seen in years and years appeared in the pub.  He comes to the Woodman a lot he told me - I've never seen him there but he knew the landlord and all my lot!  Amazing.

So I ended up drinking with him for the remainder of the afternoon and then in to the evening and then my old next door neighbour who had fallen out with his wife (long story) needed a place to stay so came home here and we put him up for the night!

The terms and conditions have come through so I am trawling through those today and we sign on Tuesday and move in on the same day.  

My old next door neighbour has gone this morning and Mrs. F. is on a course.  I am feeling particularly low and a little bit down even a tiny bit dewy eyed because this is my last weekend at the house.  It's suddenly hit home that is where I am at!

Not to worry though.  I have a day or so now to sort myself out and to work out what and what not to take with me.  I don't need much to start with but a bed a chair and a few basics will do nicely.

It's all a big adventure, it's a new start but also it's a good feeling to finally be at this point.  I have no doubt that Mrs. F. and I will feel very differently about things in the next few days.

I'm certainly going to be feeling very up and down - I know it.

No comments: