Saturday, January 04, 2014

Minutiae

We aren't selling this house - not as far as I know and I own half of it :-) but it is funny how I'm being asked about things in the garage - like the Piano - OK it has been lying around for close to 2 years and for a year in the garage.  Also the Easter Egg Hunt stuff.  So I asked if they needed to be moved - I mean why ask as they are stored where they have been for ages and it's just a nonsense until, that is, we come to sell the place when I can then decide what to do.

It's funny this attention to the detail without getting to the bigger picture.  Surely the overall thing needs to be decided yet - I can't believe that here are around 6 months in and half her family still don't know :-) 

We are at least progressing on the house now and have some more to go and see.  A couple have gone already - I guess it is a New Year and lots of stuff kicks off again.  We have three more to view this week and "discussions" are being opened on the other place we saw.  Having done a bit of homework, we've sent the Estate Agent off to sort things out.  Of course it isn't in their interests to get a lesser value but - honestly - the place was a mess.  Just a day or so making it look nice would have been good and would probably have resulted in a deal being struck.

An interesting week coming up - I must sit down and do the accounts and subscriptions for the Lodge and get those sorted out.


No comments: