Monday, January 12, 2009

24 Hours later

I still feel very ill, I got up about 2 hours ago and decided to come downstairs and I suppose I have been in bed about 36 hours or so. The cough is horrible and the deafness is profound. I hope that it isn't infection but viral and "keep taking the tablets". Some say that not hearing the wife is a good thing but to be this deaf is not at all nice, I can only just about hear and the TV is playing rally loud. Thank goodness for sub titles!

So I didn't go to the Hospital and didn't get my results and they will reschedule my appointment. I'm a tiny bit disappointed but I knew I was going out on a limb for Saturday. I think it was a good day out, a good meeting and that the members and visitors all seemed to enjoy themselves.

I'm paying the price for it now.

2 comments:

andyp said...

Hang on in there David,was out with some mates at weekend,half of them had coughs, and trouble with ears, must be a nasty infection around, sorry you didnt get to hospital today, but i think you made the right call on that.

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Andy - thanks - some of the people I met have had the cough for 3 or 4 weeks and the deaf bit for a couple of weeks. It has absolutely poleaxed me - which is unusual.