Sunday, January 04, 2009

Better but some pay back

I managed to go to the party and survive although standing on my feet for the best part of 4 hours has played havoc with my back and so I am resting in my chair with my feet up but also with the laptop so that I can continue to work. Additionally I've started passing the odd scab when going to the toilet. That is to be expected at about two weeks and isn't a cause for alarm although it doesn't sound or is, in fact, pleasant. It is a good thing in a way as I can gauge that I am getting better and can start to do more active things without the worry of starting to bleed again.

At least today I have made a decision not to go to work tomorrow and I feel for the rest of the week. If I am honest with myself, I am not up to it and I'd rather sort this out now than go to work and set myself back as I have managed to do in the past.

I've got so much of a backlog of work built up that I must tackle this starting today and somehow I need to work out a way of getting it all done by the end of the week. I like a challenge - obviously...

4 comments:

andyp said...

4 Hours standing at a party, would have done me in,back in the good old days, now,well,,,,,,,,,Fair play Dave, glad to see you feeling a bit better,,,

Anonymous said...

You were only standing because there were no seats at the bar. And after 4 hours at the bar with you i would be uncomfortable on my feet - come to think of it after a 4 hour session with you i would probably feel bad on my back

A Dived Ref said...

Flocky - you are such a lightweight :-) If standing at the bar always put your belt onto one of the handbag pegs to stop you falling over....

Anonymous said...

So your secret is out. Good one