Monday, January 05, 2009

In a Way

Thank goodness I decided not to go to work this morning. We have a thin layer of snow and ice and one slip and I'd no doubt have felt that all the way. I'm still not right. Funnily enough at least my mind is clearer than it has been for ages and I don't have that "heavy head" any longer. My stomach still feels like it needs a few weeks toning to get back to normal. I cannot fit into my ordinary trousers as they feel too tight and that's nothing to do with Christmas either as I haven't eaten huge quantities of food.

I just hope that I can get fit quickly enough to get back to work and to get Saturday out of the way. Also that I can sit at my desk for a little longer than I can now. I can do about 1 1/2 hours at a time now but even then that is pushing it.

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

There must be something to this "finishing a marathon" analogy. After my first post-BCG inspection and "all clear," I went home, wrote an email, and then was laid out with a flu for 3.5 days solid. As if it came from nowhere. I think the stress relief led to a total body defenses down scenario.

A Dived Ref said...

I think you are spot on. I cannot believe how knocked out I have been but then I remember your experience and I'm certain this is also true when people stop work for the Christmas break and come down with something.