Saturday, January 24, 2009

Do you ever get the feeling that

Someone is telling you something?

I got that tonight when I came to get onto my big PC - the one that acts as a server in the house. Dead - no lights on, not the fuse, probably (I hope) the power supply. Of course, could it go at a worse time? No of course not. I have a major mailing to do at the end of the week and bless it, it has just gone and died on me. Luckily I did buy a 1 TB back up drive and have recently backed up the whole thing - which will be useful if I have to do a re-build but I certainly hope it isn't that bad.

If it is just the power supply at least I can change that on Monday and get back to work. But to lose two PCs in a month is that hard luck or what? Crikey if 2009 carries on this way I may as well pack it all in :-)

I worked out that I will probably end up losing most of January's money but in addition, up to 50 days off of work this year, excluding holidays with treatment and hospital appointments. That's a good two months - say three months with January that I won't be billing for.

Oh well - no one died :-) And after all, its only money!!!

No comments: