Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Big PC

Is back online but awfully slow - it needs some TLC. It WAS the power supply - it looked as much and it is the second time I have had to replace it. This one runs 24x7 as it allows the rest of the house to function using printers and other shared resources.

That will take its toll of course especially as the fans drag in dust and muck. Anyway, Mrs. F Dashed down the road after I ordered online and we are almost back to normal. The file system took a bit of a bash by the looks of it and so I am doing some maintenance checks. It didn't help that I needed to do some messing around inside the box but we have now changed the office layout so that the PC sits higher up, the printers are facing the right way around and at least things look a little neater than they did.

It has blown away my chance of doing any University Assignment work today which is a real shame as I wanted to give a good day's effort. Tomorrow will have to do. I can't see myself recovered enough in the morning to go to work - in fact I can't see me being much better before mid to late week in reality.

My hearing, is in the upper ranges at the moment so a scream will really wake me up but any deep notes are still unheard. I tried some more nose blowing and the like but to no avail. I've dropped a note to the office to say I won't be in tomorrow. The rate things are going I wont get back until February and then just in time to start my treatments!

No comments: