Friday, January 23, 2009

In The Breakers Yard of Dreams

The lost, abandoned and forgotten dreams lie rotting one on another; decaying, uncared for and piled in the mud and the debris awaiting the merciful jaws of the crusher. Business ideas, plans for a brighter future, get rich schemes, global peace, health, happiness and an end to poverty await the moment they are reduced to fragments and returned from whence they came.

Overhead the rain sodden clouds continue to pour their neck chilling rain onto the hellish scene and the darkness and howling wind chills my soul. A momentary upturn of my face into the teeth of the wind and rain and defiantly I cast my plans for 2009 onto the heap to await their turn to be compacted, fragmented and lost to the black hole where failed dreams lie forever.

Turning my back on the scene, the clouds part and the sun rises majestically over a pleasant green countryside, the breakers yard of dreams has disappeared and in its place are the sights, sounds and smells of a promising spring day. Life is returning, shoots on trees, plants emerging, warmth in the air and longer days strengthen me and I am free to dream and plan again. Life's good, life's OK, I choose to enjoy the day and dream again.

No comments: