Friday, January 30, 2009

A Good Sleep

My goodness - I had a long and uninterrupted sleep and got about 11 hours worth and feel really quite good this morning. My hearing has popped up a notch more this morning and whilst I still have the high pitched noise in my ear it is a little more bearable and is quieter than normal.

I really can hear a lot more this morning and details like this PC keyboard clicking away and the fans on the PCs whirring are really noticeable.

Steve K in the US has had his first set of maintenance and found out just how strange treatment can be, one day you cannot believe that you have had it done and all seems to be quite bearable and the next you are off the scale. I wonder what mine will be like. I'm guessing as I haven't had the letter that it wont be next Monday for me - just as well - not sure I'd feel up to them but probably the 9th February which is another day in my diary as AndyP will have his rigid cystoscopy and be checked to see how his TURBT went. The strange thing about bladder cancer or any cancer or disease is each comes with its own TLA (Three letter (or more) abbreviations) and glossary of terms. So people talk in short hand about tumour types, treatment, procedures etc. It's no different to the IT world where we used to talk in bits and bytes and K and the M and then Tbytes... RAM, VMS, UNIX MBPs etc. Here is the BC one and some links so you can get the whole list.

Apologies if I do go into BC speak - it isn't intentional - just comes with the territory...

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

I have really been obsessing over how to capture the subjective differences between treatments, so I came up with a "Misery Index" and a graph. It can only be scaled for me, but it might help convey the inconsistency.

I wonder if this obsession of mine is a deeper disease than bladder cancer?

Anyway, glad to read you are feeling better and hearing more. Carry on!

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Steve

I read that through and the sub blog and sympathise about the side effects this time. There seems to be no pattern to these - you can get a good or a bad one.

I produce loads of data and graphs and things for my people at work as it easier for them to understand - perhaps it is you need to communicate in a simple way rather than some sort of obsessive compulsive behaviour :-) I think it is really useful to anyone going through BCG to see it - I really do, I like the "Misery Index"

Wow, Mrs Biohazard is better looking than Miss Toxic 2009! Impressive, it has to be the Red Ferrari :-) Glad you have your sense of humour after a rough BCG and thanks for the good wishes - a major step forward for me today and I feel so much better.