Saturday, January 10, 2009

It got worse

Just after I wrote the blog - the lamp in the toilet had gone and I couldn't work out how to change it such was the headache and pressure build up. My ear was in bad order - I had trouble with my right ear when I was a kid but that one doesn't get all the grief when I get a cold it is the left. This time the pressure kept building and then I could hear all sorts of bubbling, popping and creaking sounds followed by a large crash and bang as whatever it was gave way and my ear started leaking clear liquid and the tinnitus was the worst bit.

I can now hear in both ears my heart beat but at least the high pitched screeching that was going on had stopped. After an hour of agony, I managed to get everything under control, including myself, with some deep breathing and some calm thoughts. Then it really got nasty about 2 pm and luckily Mrs. F. said to try some Nurofen. I didn't want to take anything having had 4 - the maximum number of cold sachets the day before.

Anyway, a heat pack on my ear and neck and 2 Ibuprofen sorted things out and I eventually got some fitful sleep. I got up at 09:30 and had some toast, I have decided to do the Paracetamol and Ibuprofen mixture to see if I can sort this out. I believe (bit of late night research) that the decongestion sachets actually block the tubes up to your ear. If that is so, no wonder I have had problems - I always do.

So I have just taken a phone call about this afternoon and I do hope that I will b in a fit state to go. I was worried last night as I thought it might have been an ear infection yet I think it must be some sort of congestion related thing as there is no dizziness etc.

Someone said "you're going through the wars at the moment". He isn't wrong there. It's like Arnie has come back and given me "Payback".

"I'll be back!"

No comments: