Sunday, January 25, 2009

Once more into the hiss dear friends

Last night I descended back into hissing and tinnitus but this morning - once again - on clearing my nose my ear has cracked and popped back into life and I can hear things although they are as if off in the distance. I hope that during the day things get a little better.

I cannot believe the run of illness I am having at the moment. I thought I was reasonably fit and well before Christmas. This morning I still have the rather unpleasant side effects of the antibiotics, my stomach has been making bubbling and churning noises all night and even after some breakfast continues to do so. I feel weak, slightly dizzy (of course with my ear I would have that) and still have a blocked up nose and sinuses although they do seem to be clearing.

So - I'm once again drugged up to the eyeballs and hoping to be well again soon. It seems to be dragging on and on and it is another reason that I am probably not quite my 100% full-on cheerful, optimistic chappy.

I got a lovely letter from my Mum and Dad yesterday enclosing loads of jokes they had cut out of the paper and then, bless their cotton socks, they included a nice cheque so that the 4 of us can go out for a family meal as "we've had a bit of a rough month" so we can go and cheer ourselves up. That was a nice gesture. If anyone else would like to send me money........ :-)

Anyway, on that cheerful note, I now need to go and see what is wrong with my big PC and see if I can sort that out quickly.

No comments: