Friday, January 16, 2009

Productive but quiet day

I finally have the recipe for getting on with my work. I can't hear anything so no interruptions. It does feel a little strange to be this badly deaf. I often get this with a heavy cold but not this bad. I have just had a 20 minute session over Vick and Hot Water breathing in the steam under a towel.

I can hear occasional sounds and clicks but need to let nature take its course. It is massively frustrating of course. I was due to go to my Family History AGM but really don't feel up to it. Driving without hearing would worry me and I won't hear the lectures or anything else anyone has to say anyway.

I managed to get a fair amount done though today and a lot of preparation work is now completed. If I can just get a good run at it this weekend perhaps I can get back on track and get my Uni work in as well.

I haven't worked out what to do about work yet. I can't go back like this as I'd be a danger to myself as well as everyone else. I can't hear a phone, a fire alarm etc.

At least I can still work a bit from home which is useful. I've actually put up my year wall planner and started to make notes on that about what I am up to this year and all of a sudden, I've got lots of things to do and places to go. Excellent. All the F1 Grand Prix are already marked on, plus all my Lodge meetings as well as some of the visiting I am doing. All in all it looks good so far.

I'll see if I can run the momentum through the weekend.

No comments: