Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dawn - Judgement Day

Well a bit later than dawn. Had to be shaken awake by Mrs. F. I'm up and showered and knocking back a fist-full of Pills. It is rainy and windy outside which I don't need - I'll walk to the Hospital as there isn't anywhere to park really. I will obviously keep my mouth closed as with these pills rattling around me I could be mistaken as a whistle.

My hearing has improved a little bit. I can certainly hear a little bit from one ear now and a lot more out of the good one. I'll make sure they are aware at the Hospital that they may need to SHOUT at me.

I noted that I had 6 procedures and 24 BCGs in 30 months. So that is something every month for that time if you look at it that way.

In a little over an hour and a half I'll get going off to the Hospital. I was going to take my laptop in to the local PC man on the way to see if they could rescue any of the data but as I can hardly hear myself talking felt it may be difficult to explain what I had done and what I want them to do. Being in the business I don't want them to spend inordinate efforts redoing what I have already done and I also need to set the scene about what I need rescued as most is backed up except a couple of spreadsheets that are pretty important and I hadn't backed them up for a couple of months. If it can't be recovered then it is annoying and means more effort on my part to be creative especially as they were accounts :-)

I've go my list of medication, my questions and I can't really take down a book or music as I need to concentrate on what people are saying so I know when it is "my turn" because of this muffled deafness.

So here I am after a 30 month Roller Coaster Ride wondering whether as it pulls into the terminus this time it will actually stop and let me off? If it does, I can go on one of the lesser rides (please not "It's a Small World")....

More later I'm sure, for the moment I'm looking forward to seeing my Consultant and hearing what the results are and what is going to happen next.

No comments: