Tuesday, January 20, 2009

That would make sense then

I saw the Doctor - funny how if you really listen carefully you can hear your name despite the inane chatter, doors opening and closing, phones and buzzers (what do those buzzers actually do?) often found in a doctor's waiting room.

Very nice Doctor too. Took one look at my ears and was pleased that they were both clear of wax. Then said that my ear drum is bulging outwards - yes BULGING and red and that he had no doubt it was an ear infection and put me on very strong anti biotics. He reckons a week to get some sort of improvement. I have to keep up with all the other stuff I am doing, pain killers, anti inflammatory and nasal sprays, steam inhalation etc.

As Spike Milligan said "I told you I was Ill"

Blast - let's hope the drugs work - mind you antibiotics = no beer or alcohol either :-(

2 comments:

andyp said...

Right David,just to show you how much i appreciate your posts,as you cant drink, i will drink twice as much,no dont thank me, its an honour,,never leave a man behind,,,,,,,,Good luck on Thursday my freind, got everything crossed.

A Dived Ref said...

Andy - you are a Diamond :-)

Thanks for the good wishes - I'll update the blog when I know the outcome. If I hear them call my name that is :-)