Monday, March 19, 2007

Catch 22

Do you remember the book or the film?

Well it is a bit like my present situation I think. I go into the Hospital or the Doctors and my blood pressure goes through the roof. They cannot do anything with my BP so high so they send me away and my BP normalises and then I go back again and my BP again goes through the roof again.

Apparently stress does have an impact short term on your BP but it cannot account for long term high blood pressure. So they can perhaps see why it is high on admission and the goes to normal thereafter - I remember them looking at one set of results but as I said to them they were just about to remove the Catheter and the Cannula and anyone would be a bit worried about that - now if you had taken the BP reading a few minutes afterwards then I'd have been in a state of relief.

My recent readings taken at home have not been good but a wrist monitor is apparently not accurate enough it should be an arm band one. It shows prehypertension results hovering around the 140/90 mark.

No need to worry about it at this moment I suppose as the 24 hour monitor will provide the results and I can't do much about it anyway.

No comments: